Train for a New Career as a Dental Assistant in as Few as 9 Months.
Carrington College’s Dental Assisting program trains students in all aspects of working with a dentist, including patient care, office, and laboratory duties.
”I realized I could help change someone’s smile and build their confidence, and having that confidence could help lead to more opportunities in that person’s life.Maritza E.Dental Assisting 2020 Graduate
Train For a Career as a Dental Assistant
IN AS FEW AS 9 MONTHS
Watch The Video
Upon completion of the Dental Assisting program, graduates will be able to:
- Perform dental assisting chairside duties
- Perform Coronal Polish on patients
- Take radiographs (X-rays) on clinical patients
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking, work collaboratively, communicate clearly and act professionally
Students in Carrington College’s Dental Assisting program begin with a broad base of knowledge on subjects ranging from anatomy of the head and mouth to sterilization techniques to front-office operations. Students progress to learning specific skills and building their understanding of dental procedures performed in dental offices. As they near the end of their studies, Dental Assisting students complete an externship. Students pursuing an Associate Degree also complete a broad base of general education course offerings focusing on:
- English writing and composition
- Computer literacy
- Social sciences
Dental assistants provide patient care and chair-side support as dentists complete exams and procedures. Most visibly, people may see dental assistants passing instruments, but that’s just the beginning of their technical skills. By the end of Carrington College’s Dental Assisting program, you’ll be able to:
- Assist with dental procedures such as fillings, crowns, and extractions
- Take & pour dental impressions (molds of the mouth)
- Prepare patients for surgery
- Operate equipment and monitors
- Talk with patients
- Perform administrative tasks
- Prepare examination areas
- Clean up after procedures
- Sterilize equipment
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Radiography
- Front Office, Laws and Ethics, Pharmacology and Pain Control
- Instrumentation, Chairside and Dental Materials
Carrington College is proud to offer our Dental Assisting program at 15 locations around the U.S.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Boise, Idaho
- Glendale Learning Center, Arizona
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mesa, Arizona
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Pleasant Hill, California
- Portland, Oregon
- Sacramento, California
- San Jose, California
- San Leandro, California
- Spokane, Washington
- Stockton, California
- Tucson, Arizona
Carrington’s Health Studies Associate of Science Degree program provides an opportunity for individuals to build on prior education to earn the educational credential that is often needed for advancement in the health and wellness fields.
The Health Studies AS Degree program is an online degree-completion option that offers students a broad base of general education course offerings that can be completed in as few as 7 months.
Get in Touch
Talk to us about a new career in dental assisting!
Want to Learn More?
There is a financial plan available for everyone, including a broad range of financial assistance options for those who qualify. Start by requesting information using the form above. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright © 2023 Carrington College.
All rights reserved.
Carrington College does not recruit or enroll residents of the European Union.