Receive hands-on training from experienced instructors
Get in Touch
Talk to us about training for a new career in Medical Assisting
In Carrington’s Medical Assisting program, students are introduced to the core skills and competencies needed to work as a medical assistant. You can graduate in as few as 9 months with a Certificate of Achievement. You will learn the knowledge and hands-on skills needed to provide support in healthcare settings such as medical offices, clinics, and hospitals.
Upon completion of the Medical Assisting program, graduates will be able to:
- Perform clerical functions, bookkeeping functions and process insurance claims within the medical office setting
- Conduct a variety of diagnostic tests using equipment, materials, and techniques within the scope of practice
- Perform and assist with routine patient procedures and care as they relate to a medical setting
- Maintain supplies and equipment as it relates to a medical setting
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and professionalism
A sample of medical assisting classes at Carrington College includes:
- MA Administration Theory 1 — This course provides theory in the following areas: telephone techniques, oral communication, verbal follow-up, written follow-up, managing and maintaining the office, computers, appointments, records and filing, patient education, legal issues, and biomedical ethics.
- MA Clinical Applications 1 — This course provides concepts and entry-level skill applications for the following procedures: vitals including height, weight and vision screening, aseptic handwashing, lab safety, microscopes, venipuncture, injections (parenteral medications), ABO/RH typing, capillary puncture, hemoglobin, hematocrit, glucose, urinalysis, audiometer and electrocardiography
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Boise, ID
- Las Vegas, NV
- Mesa, Arizona
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Glendale Learning Center, AZ
- Pleasant Hill, CA
- Portland, OR
- Reno, Nevada
- Sacramento, CA
- San Jose, CA
- San Leandro, CA
- Spokane, WA
- Stockton, CA
- Tucson, Arizona
Carrington’s Health Studies Associate of Science Degree program provides an opportunity for individuals to build on prior education to earn the educational credential that is often needed for advancement in the health and wellness fields.
The Health Studies AS Degree program is an online degree-completion option that offers students a broad base of general education course offerings that can be completed in as few as 7 months.
Want to Learn More?
There is a broad range of financial assistance options for those who qualify Start by requesting information using the form above. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright © 2023 Carrington College®.
All rights reserved.
Carrington does not recruit or enroll residents of the European Union.